Principle Process Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Principle Process Engineers to join our team in Calgary. The successful candidates will be engaged in projects in the oilsands, refinery, oil and gas and petrochemical industry. We are looking for engineers to become members of an experienced team.
We are seeking engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies thru EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements. Applicants with strong technical skills should apply.
The role will include
- Prepare and check process simulations, PFDs, HMBs, and PIDs
- Prepare sizing calculations for vessels, pumps, lines, etc
- Prepare safety valve relief load calculation (as per API standard)
- Prepare design basis, philosophy and control narrative
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, vendors and client
- Work will range from conceptual studies through detailed engineering.
- Site visits may be required.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate shall:
- is currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGA
- Proven experience in EPC industry in designing facilities for the petrochemical industry
- Experience in licensor selection
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills.
- Able to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision when required and mentor less experienced team members
- Have a working knowledge of Hysys, ProII, and HTRI
- Experience with HAZOP, HAZID and SIL rating studies preferred
- Experience in basic engineering, FEED and detail engineering projects