Principal Structural Engineer
Schlumberger | USA, Houston
- The Structural Engineer is expected to have highly qualified on Structural engineering and Fabrication concepts of Offshore and Onshore structures.
- Act as a technical expert for structural design issues, and perform structural design calculations as necessary.
- Ensure compliance of Cameron structural designs with applicable industry codes, standards and regulations, and client specifications.
- Keep abreast of Industry Codes and Guidelines.
- Meet or exceed external / internal customer expectations in a timely manner within the budget limits.
- Assist other Cameron locations with structural design and troubleshooting issues, provide training and guidance for a group of engineering professionals.
- Review of Client specifications and standards.
- Preparation of need list required for structural design.
- Perform Structural analysis in accordance with a "Design Basis" for various phases of the structure viz., Inplace, lifting, Transit, etc., and produce calculation reports by meeting Client and Company standards. Perform
- Structural design with all applicable loads and design combinations to arrive at the member sizing for modules, skids, pipe racks, platforms etc..
- General knowledge and understanding of fabrication methods.
- Provide necessary dimensional sketches and engineering instructions to drafting department as required.
- Knowledge of facility/plant design (skids, pipe racks, platforms, foundations) is added advantage.
- Responsible that the engineering is performed with high quality, at agreed cost and within the plan.
- Study and understand the structural scope of work and quickly become conversant to Schlumberger procedures and standards.
- Effective implementation of Change management and Revision Control.
- Participate in Design review and implement the changes of structural engineering deliverables.
- Ability to read and comprehend fabrication drawings and bill of materials.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required to fulfill project and business needs.
- Actively support, participate in, and maintain the integrity and on-going function of the Company and facility HSSE program; ensuring a safe/healthy work environment. When delegated, must be able to complete the tasks with Company and Client standards and quality requirements.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering /Masters in Structural Engineering.
- 20+ years relevant experience within the Oil and Gas industry
- Proficient in STAAD-Pro, SACS, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge and exposure of Offshore and Onshore Industry Engineering standards & Codes - API, AISC, ASCE, BS, EURO, OSHA, ACI, AWS etc