Principal Safety Case Engineer
Key aspects of the role are listed below.
- Managing and/or contributing to nuclear safety consultancy projects at a senior level;
- Leading the analysis of problems, discussing and developing solutions with colleagues and customers;
- Producing and leading others in the production of high quality technical reports;
- Checking and approval of the work of other team members;
- Interfacing with customers up to senior levels throughout the lifecycle of projects including the presentation of results;
- Identifying new business opportunities and developing these;
- Leading/assisting with the production of contract proposals and bids;
- Maintaining the technical capability/knowledge of the team;
- Representing the business in technical meetings with clients, regulators and other third parties;
- Delivering projects that can be large and complex to time, cost and quality to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Mentoring colleagues in the early stage of their career.
Here's What You'll Need:
We are seeking a high calibre candidate who posesses:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- An innovative, creative and pragmatic outlook to enable us to deliver effective solutions for our clients;
- A positive, proactive and enthusiastic approach
- A first degree in an appropriate scientific discipline;
- Corporate membership of a relevant professional institution;
- Experience of the delivery of safety cases within the nuclear or other highly regulated high hazard industry;
- Experience of engineering design and/or substantiation processes in the nuclear or other highly regulated high hazard industry;
- Experience of direct client interaction, including peer reviewers and Nuclear Safety Committees to a senior level within organisations;
- Experience or knowledge of safety assessment techniques, including hazard identification, SWIFT, HAZOP as Chair, Secretary or safety expert, development of fault schedules, fault / event tree analysis, radiological consequence assessment, qualitative / quantitative risk assessment, production of ALARP arguments, Regulatory expectations;
- Experience of identifying, winning and growing new business in the safety case area.
- A full, clean UK Driver’s License;
- A willingness to spend time working on client sites.