Principal Rotating Equipment Engineer
Woodside | Australia, Perth
As a critical technical leader to a high performing team, you will provide specialist advice on the operation, maintenance, optimisation, integrity and upgrade of gas turbines, large process compressors, dry gas seal systems, large vertical pumps, diesel engines, generators, and other rotating equipment.
You will have working knowledge on the control and associated support systems including surge control, turbine controls, emergency trip and protection systems. This Perth based position supports the Production and Development divisions and therefore will require ad-hoc travel to onshore and offshore production assets and manufacturers’ facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide critical technical support to new project developments and existing Woodside operations.
- Provide rotating equipment engineering expertise to priority-driven improvement and response activities in Production Engineering.
- Deliver engineering services and solutions for Development, Project, Production and Technology teams.
- Deliver functional excellence for rotating equipment engineering across Woodside.
- Contribute to governance over engineering activity and deliverables for the rotating equipment engineering across Woodside.
- Represent the company for relevant discipline contracts/frame agreements where appointed
- Screening of qualification of new technologies and applications for them
- Ability to perform complex, multi-discipline investigations (TapRoot, RCA etc.) of reliability and integrity events and recommend actions to System Engineers
- Be the facility focal point for Brownfield changes greater than STC
- Coordinate the delivery of engineering studies: HAZOP, SIL, alarm studies, TSR, FAIR etc and feed back into strategies
- Support the execution of facility shutdowns upon request
Skills & Experience:
- Possess significant years experience sustaining rotating equipment and senior years experience in an operational capacity
- Possess competencies with GE, solar and/or rolls royce gas turbines and pumps
- Strong knowledge and application of relevant ISO standards and API standards
- Demonstrated success leading commissioning teams strongly regarded
- Experience in leading projects into FEED and commissioning stage ideal
- Possess suitable degree qualifications
- Ability to deliver demonstrably ALARP outcomes
- Demonstrable people and stakeholder management skills
- Technical competence according to assigned Petroskills profile
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer:
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class projects
- Career development through professional development programs and by working alongside industry leaders
- Possibility of educational assistance to support your career development
- A values driven environment where working together is key
- The opportunity to participate in voluntary initiatives in the Community
- Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus and share plans for permanent employees.
- Above industry superannuation contributions
- Industry leading 16-weeks paid parental leave
- Flexibility of leave provisions for events such as community service, cultural and volunteer activities (one day per annum)
- Subsidised gym membership in some locations