Principal R&D Engineer - Reliability and Quality
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Accredited BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Electromechanical, Electrical Controls, or related engineering discipline.
- MS or PhD degree in related engineering discipline or +5 years experience as a recognized technical subject matter expert.
- Minimum 3 years proven experience as a technical/product lead.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an R&D/Prod Dev engineer delivering electromechanical, sensor, or control products.
- Minimum 2 years experience dealing directly with product certifications.
- Can demonstrate +10 years of combined experience as a technical contributor for developing new products and maintaining product reliability and quality.
- Above average knowledge of products designed and manufactured for hazardous locations.
- Familiar with establishing product quality and related quality management systems.
- Significant experience working directly with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Experience with Design for Reliability methods (e.g. FMEA, HALT/HAST, etc.) and establishing product reliability performance metrics.
- Fluent with PLM systems and supporting ECO/ECN processes.
- Familiar with the interworking of manufacturing and supply chain relative to launching new products and instituting product improvements.
- Capable of working independently and remotely while maintaining an effective amount of communication.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%.
- Ability to relate to business/market driven technology development.
- Basic knowledge of project management and ability to perform work scoping/planning.
- Experience working within phase-gate processes.
- Proven ability to develop professional technical documentation and communication materials.
- Must have a drive to be resourceful in solving problems and identifying an appropriate balance of sophisticated design with the application need and targeted product tier.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Direct experience with intrinsically safe (IEC 60079-11) product design and certification management.
- ISO9001 experience.
- Six Sigma certification.
- Professional Engineering license.
- Reliability engineering certification.
- Field and customer experience.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Strong sense of ownership and dedication to getting the job done, with all requirements completely met and on-time.
- Self-starter and self-disciplined.
- Thrives on new challenges and desire to achieve overall success for the business.