Principal Process Engineer
As a Principal Process Engineer, you will be responsible for a range of stimulating and challenging assignments in the municipal water sector including but not limited to:
- Acting in capacity as process engineer, process lead and technical reviewer for the process design and delivery of projects in a professional and safe manner.
- Working as part of a multi - disciplinary team
- Delivering process design work (from feasibility to detail design) to agreed scope and within agreed time and budgets
- Undertaking and leading process calculations and modelling.
- Basis of design, capturing purpose, context and conceptual design for the project and individual units
- Design studies, developing and accessing solutions using multi criteria decision tools (MCDA).
- Block Flow Diagrams, P&ID and heat and material balances
- Utilities and chemical consumption estimation
- Equipment process data sheets, sizing and defining major equipment and safeguarding systems.
- Operating philosophies, commissioning, operating and shutdown procedures
- Liaison with Vendors and suppliers
- Liaison with clients acting as Process Lead in projects coordinating and guiding other more junior process engineers
- Participate in design reviews and HAZOP meetings
- Modelling in BIOWIN.
You will work on a portfolio of different projects and will apply your experienced acquired skills in a range of environments. You will report to one of our Process Leads and your role will develop as your knowledge of our business increases.
Skills / Qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of water and wastewater treatment technologies in the Water Sector across both the industrial and municipal markets.
- Proven track experience in Wastewater design projects in Municipal Sector (primary treatment, biological treatment, tertiary treatment, sludge treatment and water reuse, resource recovery) with conventional and advanced technologies. (e.g., ASP, MBBR, MBR, EBPR, etc.)
- Knowledge in the development of technical solutions from concept selection through detailed design development
- Problem solving
- Application of engineering principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the Industry / Consultancy Sector
- Chartered Engineer in the IChemE (CEng MIchemE)
- Confidence in personal technical skills and competence in order to discuss / present technical solutions with clients
- Work effectively within multidisciplinary design teams and demonstrate effective leadership of process design
- Strong analytical skills and data assessment skills.
- Computer aided design and modelling: Biowin or other modelling computer software
- Process Safety knowledge: Chair HAZOP, DSEAR studies, HAZID
- Degree level (or equivalent) in process / chemical or environmental engineering (MEng or BEng)
- HAZOP Chair training
- Charted status
- Possession of a valid UK driving licence is essential, as is a willingness to travel and work for limited periods elsewhere within the UK and on occasion, overseas.