Principal Process Engineer
Wood | South Africa, Bryanston
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To manage the delivery of best practice process plant design and associated in alignment with company organisational objectives and client requirements.
- To be the prime point of contact for all communications relating to process engineering.
- To ensure all process work is conducted in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Accountable to manage designated process engineering teams to ensure appropriate quality and best practice in processing engineering.
- Accountable to manage the process of preparation of designated study, project and proposal documents to ensure quality and accuracy of information.
- Accountable to ensure delivery of process services to designated study, project and proposal teams on or ahead of schedule and on or under budget.
- Accountable to participate in and contribute to the change process within the Process Group.
- Accountable to manage designated process engineering teams to ensure correct procedures are followed.
- Accountable to set-up and communicate a formal procedural structure for process engineering deliverables
- Quality of documentation and process information provided.
- Client satisfaction as a measure of alignment with client needs.
- Contribution to company success in securing business and maintaining profitability.
- Contribution to enhancement of value-adding outputs and positive teamwork within the Process Group.
- Contribution to the extent to which change is championed with the Process Group.
- To actively pursue excellent Health, Safety and Environmental performance standards and to encourage all staff to achieve or out - perform the indicated HSE KPI’s of the company.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or B Tech in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- In-depth technical knowledge of process plant design and operation, typically gained from over ten years experience in a projects area and a total of 12 years in the mining industry
- Ability to lead and manage teams of process engineers within a diverse study, project or proposal team
- Ability to manage activities on or ahead of schedule and on or below budget
- Ability to deliver best practice plant design, with emphasis on cost-effective engineering
- Ability to communicate process requirements to other members of the study, project or proposal team
- Ability to recognise the commercial implications interest in study, project and proposal execution
- Ability to prepare and deliver oral and written presentations for study and project reports and proposals
- Ability to see and plan across a broad range of project activities
- An understanding of strategic and change management and an ability to participate in these processes
- Be regarded as an industry expert in a Mineral Processing
- Effective communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines.