Principal Process Engineer
Jacobs | UK, UK Warrington
We are recruiting a Principal Process Engineer to join the team in Birchwood.
- Desired to take on a range of complex novel tasks without supervision and provide advice and guidance to others in the discipline. Provide self-guided advice to difficult and technically challenging tasks and technical direction.
- This is a principal role whereby the candidate with be expected to lead and support delivery hence the team member should be able to accept and demonstrate long term commitment to previous work / companies and be prepared for internal and external opportunity and scrutiny in all outputs.
- This role requires a deep and effective interface with Integrated Design Team and other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. This will entail understanding and appreciating design decisions by others, challenging if appropriate and delivery of technical solutions, including;
Gas Delivery Systems,
Reagent Delivery Systems,
DSEAR Assessment, Process safety
Flowsheets, PFDs, EFDs, S&IDDs, Instrument Process Data Sheets, Process Data Sheets
Guidance in engineering function,custodian of resources but also self-performance
A record of effective project scope estimation and delivery, influencing professional engineers, and provision of strategic guidance across a portfolio of projects and programmes.
Here's What You'll Need:
- The principal engineer role requires wide of discipline knowledge of process systems, chemical preparation, gaseous exchanges and stored solids, and their delivery to facilitate realisation of engineering design of systems and plant with a mindset for construction and commissioning in a nuclear environment.
- They will need a work ethic to deliver and be able to specify appropriate design requirements for both current and potential developments at the appropriate level of detail for preliminary and detail design phases.
- Bachelor and/or Master in Engineering engineer, with many years experience in the Discipline Fluent English Engineering and CAD tools, preferably within the nuclear industry but certainly within a related transferrable industry such as the oil and gas processing/refining sector or water treatment arena for examples.
- Chartered status preferred
- Experience and familiarity with designing for delivery/implementation and associated project construction and implementation.
- Experience of and ability to design for manufacture.
- Familiarity with and application of current standards within their own skilled arena and an overarching appreciation of multi-design interactions and interfaces.
- Familiarity with modern CAE packages and interfaces for process plant design and future construction including an appreciation of BIM.
- Evidence of design capability working as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Passion and demonstrable capability to be able to work with minimal supervision to meet end outcomes or clearly and defined targets and engage with and challenge all parties.