Principal Mechanical Engineer/Heat Exchange
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support to existing assets as well as design assurance oversight for major capital projects.
- Assist customer teams with concept development, work scoping, startup and commissioning, troubleshooting, and failure analysis.
- Develop, maintain, and deliver internal trainings to Chevron engineers focused on heat exchanger design and modeling.
- Mentor less experienced engineers in the discipline across the enterprise.
- Manage research and technology development projects, establish collaboration channels with customers and work as One Team with operating units and other CTC sub-disciplines to solve technical problems and inform Chevron best practices.
- Develop and revise Chevron Engineering Standards and influence technology adoption and implementation throughout the enterprise.
- Teams with Chevron Technical Center originations
- May represent Chevron on industrial boards, committees, and task forces.
- Participate in Chevron Business Improvement Network (BIN) as technical SME
- Willingness to engage in domestic and international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 10 years of heat exchanger design and/or fabrication experience
- Demonstrable experience with HTRI software
- 15 or more years of heat exchanger design and/or fabrication experience
- Demonstrable experience with ASME pressure vessel design software (Compress, PV Elite, etc.)
- Experience with research and development in emerging heat transfer technologies
- Experience with heat exchanger performance monitoring
- Advanced technical degree (Masters, Ph.D.)
- Licensed professional engineer