Principal Environmental Engineer/Regulatory Specialist
Worley | USA, Baton Rouge
Primary Objectives and Accountabilities of the Role
- Develop a practice in environmental permitting, licensing and technical studies for marine terminals and related facilities, including FERC and MARAD licensing and approvals.
- Interact with the broader Worley Group team to provide comprehensive environmental, engineering and operational support to energy clients including LNG, pipelines, ports and terminals and potentially electrical projects requiring major licensing activities.
- Help develop and grow the depth and breadth of technical capabilities of Environment & Society – USA, supporting significant growth goals in both new projects and gross margin.
- Identify new opportunities and support proposal preparation and client development.
- Be a point person for relevant Advisian E&S projects and opportunities in Gulf region.
- Support, and be an expert resource for, Advisian and Worley’s global energy and marine practices.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors and Masters in civil or environmental engineering
- 25+ years of professional experience, preferably with an environmental consulting organization, an operator, contractor or regulator
- Demonstrated commitment to HSE leadership
- Expert knowledge in the environmental and regulatory issues associated with energy development in the US
- A deep, expert, understanding of the regulatory and governmental community (such as FERC, MARAD, USEPA, USACE, state and local agencies) and industry
- Excellent client and agency interfacing skills
- Track record of successful management of major regulatory projects / work packages to meet agreed budget and schedule
- Technical reporting prowess
- Preparation of proposals, budget estimates and schedules for projects / work packages
- Project management skills to successfully manage profitability, schedule and quality for multi-million dollar regulatory assignments for complex projects.