Principal Engineer- Advanced Precursor Packaging
Air Liquide | USA, Fremont,
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The assessment and testing of new vessels and ensure that all the operations associated with them (decon / cleaning / drying / leak checking / etc) are relevant, efficient and performing as expected by our customers, and if not, customize such processes to the vessel / materials.
- Acting as a central point of contact for a “Gate 0 packaging validation” of new designs / functionalities / or new material in a existing design, interfacing with other groups and SMEs when necessary (regulatory compliance, Corp R&D, etc)
- Conceive innovative vessel designs and/or associated systems/methods to operate them in a safe and efficient manner (ergonomy, productivity). Run live testing of such vessels and of the systems to operate them, and provide performance data to the stakeholders (TPM, Quality, Ops)
- Generate and review technical documents including work instructions, technical reports, and customer presentations related to tested or developed packages and packaging operations
- Designs, assembles and tests setups and equipment related to packaging functional validations.
- Successfully complete all required training
- 5+ years of related industrial experience (UHP vessels & Fab delivery systems, Process Tools subsystems and components, etc.)
- MSc. or BSc. in mechanical engineering, or 5+ years field experience to justify similar qualification
- Understanding of ALD/CVD materials typical properties by family of molecules (especially for air sensitive materials)
- Experience of ultra-high purity material management. Familiar with semiconductor contamination control technologies (prevention and metrology) and best practices.
- Strong safety mindset with a proven track record of safely, and good awareness of the various types of chemical hazards
- Understanding of hardware design and validation process (FMEA, Hazop, etc.)
- Excellent team player with good project management skills and fluid communication (verbal and written).
- Capability of working on the global level with colleagues and customers, in a multicultural environment, and with remote stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving skills, and experience with problem solving formalism (8D, etc.)
- Ability to generate high quality reports for both internal and external purposes
- Ability to coach and mentor team members and build high performing team
- Autonomous, self starter
- Knowledge and experience in semiconductor applications: Understanding of on-tool material usage for ALD/CVD processes, and understanding of ALD/CVD basics are a plus
- Hands-on experience and autonomy with design software packages (SolidWorks, AutoCAD…) and basic automation and data acquisition programming (LabView…)