Principal Electrical Engineer
- Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for the assigned project elements, monitoring progress to maintain those schedules and budgets. Identifies and documents changes in scope.
- Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the Project with other Project Engineers. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the Company.
- May assist the assigned Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of the technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study. Helps determine the technical skills and staff hours required.
- Ensures customer criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines. Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the customer. Understands the customer's business goals to enhance the project work.
- Prepares technical reports, project manuals, and documentation of activity for the customer and management.
- Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines.
- Reviews and approves change orders. Notifies affected personnel of all changes. Interfaces with procurement in coordination with vendors/subcontractors. Assists in bid analysis, vendor availability, and capability.
- Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
- You will provide electrical engineering services on large or mega projects to Worley and its customers', including technical support and supervision within the electrical engineering team.
- Manage electrical engineering services that meet Worley', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage electrical engineering project requirements.
- Manage electrical engineering services such as:
participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
ensure the required services meet Worley, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
- Technical and Industry Experience
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and electrical engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
- Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.