Principal Electrical Engineer
Worley | Saudi Arabia, Al Khobar
- Manage electrical engineering services that meet Worley', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage electrical engineering project requirements.
- Manage electrical engineering services such as:
participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
ensure the required services meet Worley, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
- Technical and Industry Experience
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and electrical engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.