Principal Electrical Engineer
Oceaneering | India, Chandigarh
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform conceptual and detailed design work, engineering calculations, and analysis in support of the development of
- subsea/offshore systems.
- Lead multiple projects at the same time, including large/complex cross-functional projects and approve the deliverables.
- Direct team of Electrical Engineers to enable them handle electrical design projects effectively.
- Lead the design reviews and review the work carried out by other engineers.
- Prepare technical procedures for assembly, testing, and operations. Contribute to the assembly, sub-system, and system levels of projects.
- Study, interpret and implement requirements from industry codes and regulatory authorities.
- Has experience of working with structured new product development methodologies. Creating Qualification Test Plans/Reports compliant to industry standards for New Product Development.
- Expertise on Power/Electromagnetic Analysis of Low Voltage/Medium Voltage/ High Voltage Systems as per industry standards. Harmonic studies of electrical systems.
- Power and electromagnetic analysis of electric equipment; Transmission Line studies; Load Flow Analysis; Interactive Current/Thermal studies, comparison of test data with the analysis data and creating technical reports.
- Work with Proposals Engineering and Sales/Project Engineering & Management to support bids; creation of procurement specifications and performance reports.
- Interface with Clients, both internal and external, to clearly define requirements and provide robust technical solutions.
- Work with sub-contractors and Oceaneering personnel to qualify splicing techniques.
- Evaluate and source testing and manufacturing equipment.
- Support the global supply chain in assessing and qualifying new suppliers, materials and products.
- Develop and maintain analysis and design programs for electrical systems, and provide documentation to facilitate
- worldwide use.
- Review and disposition issues and non-conformances that may happen within production, testing/termination, vendors, warehouse, etc.systems and design alternatives
- Lead (or participate as a team member) on strategic development projects aimed at reducing overall COPQ, decrease overall cost, improving throughput.
- Adopt and maintain a strong, ever-present and overriding culture of safety in all facets of professional activities and actively help manage and promote Oceaneering’s HSE policies and practices.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of Electrical design standards and best practices
- Prepare reports and presentations on the status of the design and development process for discussion with management and/or team members
- Direct research on emerging technology trends and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Train, manage and provide guidance to junior staff
- Perform all other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to Engineering manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or allied discipline.
- Ten or more years of past experience working on related field
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret electrical schematics, technical procedures/reports, governmental regulations, client specifications, and industry specifications.
- Ability to write technical procedures and reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of the following industry codes: API 17E, ICEA S-95-658, ISO 13628-5, IEEE, NFPA, NEC, UL, etc.
- Familiarity with Flux2D/ANSYS Maxwell Electrical Analysis Tool
- Familiarity with Multiphysics packages such as Comsol for thermal and electrical analysis
- Familiarity with cable design packages such as optem
- Familiarity with CAD packages such as AutoCAD
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Skill to gather, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Ensures that others involved in a project/effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Knowledge of communication styles and techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Skill to prioritize workflow in a changing work environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)