Principal Design Engineer
Oceaneering | India, Chandigarh
Duties & Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL (9 pt, All Caps)
- Guide, coach and mentor a team of design engineers to enable them handle design projects effectively
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously, including large/complex projects involving multiple disciplines.
- Review work carried out by other design engineers and lead design reviews.
- Ascertain compliance to established Engineering processes by functional or project teams.
- Have complete understanding of the relevant industry codes and standards for the relevant products.
- Conduct Audits on multiple areas of technical expertise to uplift team members competency.
- Develop & maintain individual & team level competency matrices
- Define, review and implement functional processes and work towards continuous improvement
- Identify individual and team level training needs in consultation with line manager
- Prepare & conduct technical trainings
- Act as account manager for one or more business units for design projects
- Communicate with business units to understand their design and analysis needs and capture COPQ.
- Review and approve RCA and CAPA.
- Define scope of work
- Build processes to convey lesson learnt back to the team.
- Plan jobs and have resources allocated
- Share regular updates about work
- Monitor performance on relevant key performance indicators
- Participate in governance meetings with business units
- Identify growth opportunities
- Approve Engineering process documents
- Approve Deliveries, Design Reviews and Calculations made by team
- Provide performance feedback about team members to line manager whenever needed
- Participate in the annual SMART goal setting process for team members
- Evaluate need of resource (people, software etc.) and provide recommendations to line manager
- Approve timesheets of team members assigned
- Provide engineering guidance to other disciplines
- Keep abreast of industry trends and issues
- Has basic knowledge of allied engineering functions
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Guide team members to have them accomplish their performance goals
- Should be open to travel as per business needs.
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures.
- Guide team members about compliance to organizational policies laid out
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Two options; with or without Supervisory responsibilities. If position has supervisory responsibilities, there should be related line items in the Functions section above.