Power Systems Protection Engineer
Saudi Aramco | Saudi Arabia, None
- As the successful candidate you will have:
- A bachelor degree in electrical engineering with power system courses.
- At least eight years of experience in the field of power system engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of distribution, transmission and generation protection functions.
- Experience in oil and gas industrial systems (strongly preferred).
- Capability of running coordination studies using ETAP, ArcFlash studies, protection settings calculations on all basic and complex relaying functions (ie. differential, distance, directional, etc.), and power system studies such as load flow, short circuit and motor starting.
- Experience on a range of different relays vendors and their software.
- Knowledge of power system automation and their protocols.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Strong technical training, speaking, writing and customer service skills.
- Fluency in English language (both verbal and written).
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be required to perform the following:
- Run complete coordination studies for different kinds of new and existing facilities (industrial, offshore, residential, etc.) for all types of voltage level.
- Review protection system design for all types of voltage levels, including but limited to: protection and metering drawings, schematic and logic drawings, and instrument transformer sizing.
- Review company standards and be familiar with international standards.
- Run settings calculations for power system equipment such as generators, long OHL/cables, transformers, motors, etc.
- Run Arc Flash studies with complete evaluation for new and existing facilities.
- Run power system studies such as load flow, short circuit, and motor starting.
- Lead power system interruption investigations and review power system events.