Power Electronics Engineer
GE | USA, Cranberry Township
As a Power Electronics Hardware Engineer you will:
- Ensure that all designs and practices implement and foster a culture of safety, quality and value
- Prepare detailed technical specifications for large industry, marine and naval power converters that capture customer requirements
- Maintain ownership of all engineering artifacts associated with specific power converters on projects including drawings, bill of materials, specifications, test and commissioning procedures
- Interface with Sourcing and Purchasing to ensure suppliers products are meeting specifications
- Interface with the Manufacturing and Test departments to ensure the power converters produced are fit for purpose
- Create models of the power electronics for use by power systems engineers for performing power quality studies
- Support sales by reviewing customer requirements and highlighting differences/gaps between those requirements and power converter capabilities
- Manage design reviews for power converters
- Collaborate with other GE PC businesses to understand power converter technologies produced at those factories that can be used to satisfy customers in North America
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- This will be an entry level position intended for development and growth within the organization. As such, graduates are encouraged to apply
- Willingness to travel up to 15-20%
- Must be a US citizen. Due to the nature of the work being performed this role requires the individual to obtain and maintain US Government Security Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship.
- Sense of ownership for assigned responsibilities
- Highly motivated and curious engineer that’s not afraid to show initiative
- Excellent communicator able to make the complex seem simple
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict time scales.
- Develops a strong team and breeds positive morale.
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable.
- Builds loyalty and commitment and can energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people.
- Professional Engineer or equivalent proven record of continuous professional development
- Very strong analytical capability.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Extremely well organized
- Familiar with Matlab/PLECS, or other modeling tools.
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices and their application to large power converters, including cooling, losses, switching characteristics and implications