Plant Engineering Supervisor
CITGO | USA, Oklahoma City
The Plant Engineer is responsible for providing engineering and management support for projects of varying complexity and scope. In this, he or she will define material specifications, evaluate and select plant equipment. The jobholder is also responsible for completing feasibility studies, cost estimates and economic analyses as appropriate to optimize operational processes. Oversee the activities of maintenance personnel through direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. Assist with establishing annual capital and maintenance budgets and manage their execution. Provide training, set goals, objectives, and performance criteria for the maintenance department. On-call 24/7 for emergencies.
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree Engineering (Mechanical Engineering referred).
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is: 3-4 years.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- API 653 Certification (desired).
- ISO 9002 and QS Auditing (desired).
- SAP knowledge (desired).
- MS Suite.
- AutoCAD experience (desired).
- IMPACT experience (desired).
- Sharepoint experience (desired).
- Manufacturing Background (desired).
- Provide project management oversight for assigned projects, with responsibility for safety, quality, cost control, and scheduling. Define project scope of work, develop funding requests, budget estimates, advise/approve construction methods, and field changes.
- Design, develop and implement new initiatives, programs, services and work processes in the maintenance and engineering departments to improve plant performance in safety, environmental, production quality and production efficiency.
- Manage and direct the work for all construction contract workers at the plant. Clearly set daily priorities, define duties, establish performance standards, and meet required deadlines.
- Direct the activities of the maintenance group through the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. This includes setting daily priorities, performance goals, delivering performance reviews, hiring new employees, etc. Responsible for preparing the expense budget for the maintenance department and maintaining cost control for the department.
- Support operations by providing: 1.) Diagnoses and resolution of reoccurring and technical problems within the facility 2.) Assist with program oversight – Above Ground Storage Tank Inspection program (ASTIP), and tank painting 3.) Assist in the development, review and oversight of engineering and construction specifications, 4.) Assist with plant capital budget development via project estimating procedures.
- Maintain the safety and environmental integrity and compliance of the Maintenance and Engineering Departments and construction contract workers in accordance with all local, state, federal laws and corporate goals and procedures.
- Participate on special projects and corporate initiative teams as directed by management.