Air Liquide | USA, Corpus Christi
Health, Safety, Environmental and Regulatory Compliance:
- Provide visible HSE leadership to site technicians and actively champion the LIVES system.
- Support and comply with all health, safety, and environmental procedures as directed by local and corporate personnel and safety departments.
- Support and comply with all process safety management and risk management plan practices (EIS, PSM, MOC, etc)
- Support, coordinate and manage the operating permit reporting, monitoring, and renewal requirements to insure compliance with federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Provide or coordinate all regulatory training and maintain documentation of training of the production technicians.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and investigated; documented and corrective actions are completed. Publish lessons learned. Work with the Maintenance Center on Root Cause Failure Analysis for major incidents.
- Own responsibility for compliance with the following elements-
- Process Safety Information (PSI) - P&ID's, safe operating limits and consequences of deviation
- Process Hazards Analysis
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Mechanical Integrity (Definitions)
- Pre-startup Safety Reviews
- Incident Investigation
Operates the Plant Safely, Reliably, and Efficiently:
- The Production Engineer is the owner of solutions to technical issues at the Plant.
- Perform process troubleshooting.
- Provide technical input and advice on equipment maintenance
- Defines the tasks (for execution by operations and maintenance) to ensure mechanical integrity
- Vessel and piping inspection program
- Rotating equipment preventive maintenance
- Own Key Operating Documents. Maintain updated red-lines at all times. Display detailed understanding of content and significance of each document.
- Ensure GT's are understood and followed by the plant staff.
- Ensure operating procedures are followed and updated as needed.
- Ensure operating rounds are completed each shift consistently and actions are taken as required.
- Make plant and process decisions to meet plant production needs.
- Identify and recommend process changes to improve plant HSE, reliability and efficiency
- Develop capital project scope, cost, and schedule as assigned
- Partner with the Maintenance Center to execute predictive and preventive maintenance to eliminate catastrophic failures and unplanned maintenance.
- Set and maintain high housekeeping standards.
- Complete assigned action items from audits and other sources on time.
Cost and Budget:
- Understand, monitor, and optimize operating costs within authorized budget.
- Execute capital projects within time and budget requirements
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce costs within delegated authorization.
- Participate in the Capital Planning Process.
- Control overtime within established limits.
- Continuously monitor and improve efficiency and availability.
- Utilize national purchasing agreements and frame agreements.
Develops and Leads People:
- Work to achieve our goal of "Zero Accidents" by taking a leadership role in safety.
- Provide candid constructive input to management decisions and actively supports those decisions.
- Insist on adherence to administrative and operational policies and procedures.
- Complete Personal Development System goals as defined in annual review.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 2+ years process industry experience.
- Technical and working understanding of Hydrogen, Syngas or ASU plant process.
- Ability to work extended hours and shift work as business needs dictate.
- On call nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Able to travel - typically 3 to 4 trips per year.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants (Process Safety Management, EPA regulations, state and local regulations).
- Ability to lead root cause analysis investigations.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Intelex, Capital Planning, Maximo® and Oracle Cost Reporting, IntraPay and Oracle Purchasing.
- General understanding of accounting principles and ability to learn plant operating budget.
- Trainable on Distributed Control System (DCS) operation and troubleshooting.
- Able to deliver and explain training material to operating personnel.
- Organized and effective at time management.
- Able to maintain a plant filing system and control of engineering documents.
- Ability to read and red-line key operating documents.
- Display mechanical and electrical aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting.
- Strong communication and team leadership skills.