Planning & Scheduling Engineer
ExxonMobil | India, Bengaluru
Job Role Summary
The Planning and Scheduling Engineer (P&SE), as part of the Cost & Schedule group, is a specialist in project planning, schedule development, control, and forecasting and benchmark analysis. Planning and Scheduling Engineer will be primarily located in Bengaluru, India and will manage the projects planning support including but not limited to assess the Contractor and Company generated schedules for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, lines of communication, and interfaces with other functional elements as well as consistency with the Current Control Estimate, WBS, and the Project Plan. The Planning and Scheduling Engineer strives for timely detection of trends and in particular early identification of deviations from the plan.
Primary Job functions
- Provide overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Provide field level planning support for operations
- Steward a contractor's project control organization with respect to schedule development, control, and progress measurement
- Advise the contractor's organization with respect to adequacy of project controls tools, reports and schedules
- Review and, where appropriate, endorse schedule and progress baselines and forecast prepared by Contractor
- Identify and drive optimizations in planning and execution of projects
- Advise Project Controls Lead and Project Leadership Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provide guidance on corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends.
- Develop and review schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verify needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Review project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule stewardship and reporting.
- Monitor and report on schedule implications of changes
- Review schedule basis of contractor's change proposals - review and endorse changes with regards to schedule and progress impact.
- Support project team with ongoing project progress measurement and schedule analysis, reporting, and forecasting activities.
- Ensure that contractor scheduling practices and progress measurement system comply with project coordination procedures
- Drive and oversee contractor development of contract control schedules and milestones
- Ensure integration of subcontractors schedules and progress measurement system
- Monitor contractor performance vs. approved baseline schedule to assist management in identification of issues and development / implementation of corrective actions or recovery plans
- Analyze progress, schedule trends, and develop forecasts to support management decision making
- Ensure that contractor schedule reflects / align with external schedule requirements and interfaces such as permitting and regulatory
- Assist Project Team in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented
- Provide direction and feedback to schedule engineers (owner and contractors) on schedule development and control expectations during execution.
- Participate in gathering and recording lessons learned for the project that relate to progress and schedule areas
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, technology or construction management with GPA 7.0 or above
- Minimum 7 – 12 years prior experiences in oil and gas industry is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Planning/Scheduling
- Strong influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Competence in Primavera Project Planner (P6)
- Strong analytics, logical reasoning capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and remoteness
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible to work on small to medium size portfolio projects
- Flexible to travel to project sites if needed