Wood | Kazakhstan, Atyrau
Overview / Responsibilities
- Wood (trading locally as QED International) is currently looking for a Planning Engineer to join our client NCOC in Atyrau 5/2 (for locals/KZ passport holders).
- Provide planning engineering support in the development of the activities, logic, resources and progress of the integrated project schedule, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
- Manage and maintain Work Breakdown Structures, project controls systems and interfaces with financial accounting systems within existing Procedures and Guidelines.
- Develop and Maintain Project Plans and schedules, using standard business software such as Primavera P3e/P6.
- Schedule control activities to monitor physical progress against key deliverables and track trends on schedule over-under runs and use such trending information to identify timely corrective actions to maintain schedule.
- Advise Project Team Leader of deviations to plan, and be prepared to recommend corrective action to maintain the schedule or cost.
- Produce regular progress and planning reports, plus ad-hoc reports as required by the Project leader.
- Provide information for a database of schedule historical data for benchmarking and KPI development
- Support peer assist/review for planning work done by others
- Create demonstrable value for customers by understanding their drivers and critical success factors
- Capture/apply internal and external learning’s and incorporate improvements
- Deliver continuously improving performance, benchmarked as top tier in the industry
- Ensure own discipline engineering is successfully delivered and appropriate reviews conducted
- Contribute to excellent HSE performance throughout the project life cycle
- Maintain effective interfaces and relationships within/between disciplines, and peers in other NCPOC Projects teams and Customer OU’s
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters
- Maybe assisted by entry/junior or Intermediate level personnel
- Assignment are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity
- Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decision
Skills / Qualifications
- Professional experience in a similar position in oil and gas industry is not less 5 years
- Degree in economics, engineering or equivalent Technical Qualification with relevant industry experience