Roles and Responsibilities
- Support component and system design lifecycle of the wind turbine pitch system for Megawatt Constrained products
- Be involved in design activities and drive product cost out in areas of focus
- Prioritize and ensure timely delivery of product milestones with a strong focus on product quality.
- Create, review and release of drawings, schematics, and technical specifications
- Drive should-cost assessments and support cost optimization efforts with suppliers to meet component cost targets
- Work with cross functional teams (Sourcing, PM, Hub engineering teams) to ensure successful product releases.
- Interface with test labs to drive validation plans of pitch system capability and reliability
- Work closely with customers, customer support/ fleet support teams and systems engineering on fleet issues and improvement determinations
- Ensure lessons learned are promptly incorporated into design.
- This role requires advanced experience in the Engineering/Technology & Electrical Engineering. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience) of at least 8 - 10 years
- Master’s degree in Electrical engineering
- Experience in the design, testing and validation of safety critical systems.
- Experience with wind turbine loads modeling
- Basic understanding of mechanical design of electrical enclosures
- Basic familiarity with embedded firmware and C/C++ programming languages
- Demonstrated ability to form strong cross-functional relationships and align stakeholders around a common goal
- Ability to distill large amounts of information and effectively communicate key messages