Bechtel | Chile, Los Pelambres,
Roles and responsibilities
- Quality Control
- Preparation of the Inspection and Test Plan (P.I.E.)
- Administration and control of work protocols.
- Technical support for all departments.
- Design and preparation of temporary and auxiliary facilities plan for construction.
- Support in the preparation of procedures and work instructions.
- Preparation of estimates and material cubicles.
- Field Inspections
- Support in preparation Work Plan Level 5.
- Preparation and assembly of construction term folder.
- Preparation of Plans "Como Construido" (AS BUILT)
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- This knowledge is normally gained through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Work experience as a construction engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
- Salary Grade Determination
- Grade 26
- On a large project, functions as a lead discipline engineer, coordinating related discipline activities and interfacing with other areas/disciplines on the jobsite.
- On a small to medium-sized project, performs the duties of a lead engineer in an area, coordinating and directing a variety of disciplines, or performs the duties as a Project Field Engineer or Project Field Quality Control Engineer coordinating activities related to the operation of the assigned operating section of the jobsite.
- All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
- Position for Los Pelambres Project in Site , Chile.
- Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.