Corteva | USA, Pittsburg,
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Responsible for FEL deliverables required to supply a quality process design package to the production design team.
- Performing pipe stress / flexibility analyses for plant sites and capital projects using appropriate software
- Troubleshooting piping configuration issues and recommending solutions.
- Performing fitness for service evaluation of existing piping systems
- Eliminating piping failures and leaks through proactive analysis of piping systems.
- Analyzing piping Mechanical Integrity / Quality Assurance (MIQA) operating problems, provide operating and maintenance support by recommending and helping implement solutions on pressurized systems used in Corteva.
- Identifying and promoting best practices (including national and international standards) for designing, operating, and maintaining piping, and associated equipment.
- Occasionally assessing equipment supplier's engineering and manufacturing capability.
- Supporting site MIQA and maintenance personnel during equipment overhauls and unscheduled outages- i.e., emergency repair.
- Working with other consultants, plant and business personnel, suppliers and contractors on piping and other fixed equipment related activities.
- Supporting development and updating of Corteva Engineering Standards.
Key InteractionsWith Other Roles:
- Run-Plant Engineers, Improvement Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Reliability Engineers, and operations personnel to ensure safe and reliable facilities
- Other Leveraged Engineering SMEs to collaborate on technical issues that require multi-discipline problem solutions
- Engineering Leaders, Capital/Improvement Project Team Leaders – project planning, technology selection, equipment design, specification and selection
- Sourcing & Logistics – vendor assessment and qualification
- Vendors and contractors to ensure quality, efficiency
- Molecule Technology Leaders – identify improvement opportunities and support early front-end loading planning and technology selection
- External technology organizations and Industrial Standard Committees to stay current on the latest in technology, safety, and project processes, and to bring in new technology and to influence standard direction and contents for company’s benefits
- External Resources – to work with outside specialized experts on technical issues and to review their analysis reports to ensure integrity of the equipment purchased or operated at our manufacturing plants
- R&D Chemists & Specialists – assist with technology selection, process development, anticipate and evaluate contract manufacturing performance
- Engineering Contractors (EPCs) – managing expectations and deliverables
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field coupled with 5-10 years of experience primarily in engineering, application, plant technical or maintenance involving piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers or other static chemical process equipment and systems.
- Must be able to travel to company facilities, equipment manufacturers, and repair shops
- General knowledge of static process equipment typically used in agrichemical processes.
- Detailed knowledge of piping systems and stress analysis methods and software
- Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software such as Compress or PV Elite is a plus.
- Experience with piping manufacturing methods and quality control.
- Ability to apply theory and experience to the application, inspection, start-up, troubleshooting of piping systems.
- Familiarity with ASME, API, Standards for piping and / or other fixed equipment.
- Time management skills including the ability to manage a substantial work load.
- Interpersonal skills for developing a client base and working in a multi-function team environment.
- Networking capability to effectively leverage other corporate and external resources to provide timely cost-effective solutions.
- Professional Engineering License highly desirable.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!