Dow | Thailand, Map Ta Phut
- Provides specialized technical support and solutions for project teams, operations and maintenance. Understands and implements Most Effective Technology (MET), work process, tools and industry best practices within their discipline. The Hardware Disciplines within Engineering and Maintenance are comprised of the following disciplines: Buildings, Civil, Electrical, Instrument, Materials, Mechanical, Process Containment Equipment and Piping. Hardware Disciplines support both projects and technical support teams as an inspector, engineer on large projects or lead for their discipline on small/intermediate projects. Requires expanded conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
Responsibilities / Duties
In the inspector and engineer capacity:
- Ensures drawings and specifications are clear and meet the needs of the business.
- Ensures reviews completed on time and that drawings and specifications are followed by fabricators, constructors and maintenance contractors, when providing inspection.
In the project lead capacity:
- Serves as the leader of the project within their discipline. Has accountability for project results and for the implementation of and adherence to all relevant work processes and best practices.
- Drives front end loading to ensure clear scope definition along with establishing plans and schedules to enable adequate control during execution.
- Directs activities within their discipline and coordinates activities with other disciplines.
- Leads the completion of deliverables provided to estimating and reviews output of the estimate to ensure accurate reflection of scope.
- Ensures their deliverables meet the needs of the project including functioning as intended, on time and within budget.
- Leads technical contract package development and supports implementation.
- Drives value engineering and economic designs to ensure the best value is delivered to the business.
- Uses and enforces project change management program.
- Ensures safety in design.
- Bachelor's Degree plus engineering, manufacturing or related experience required.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others