How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
Strong Client Focus:
- Understand the Pilot Plant related needs of Corteva R&D and new molecule Supply Teams, including timelines, and then demonstrate high responsiveness in execution.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and courageous leadership for safe and effective Pilot Plant operation.
- Respond urgently to Pilot Plant issues and any emergencies. Act as a technical expert during unplanned events and drive implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Influential Environmental, Health & Safety Leadership:
Support a strong personal safety and process safety culture including self-assessment, plus environmental compliance and reporting.
- Positively influence team compliance with Life Critical Standards and other safety expectations through field and system assessments and personal interactions.
- Participate in Operating Discipline / Management System requirements, and support plant roles in procedure use, creation, reviews and updates.
- Participate in Management of Change and other review processes with the team and other experts and stakeholders to ensure that risks are adequately assessed and mitigated and that Pilot Plant operations are set up for success.
- Participate in the technical preparations and asset modifications, creation and review of procedures and operating discipline, preparation and delivery of training and then the daily operations associated with each campaign in order to achieve team objectives, sufficiently mitigate risks, address quality requirements, work within the timeline, etc.
- Provide leadership and coaching in the day-to-day decision making for Pilot Plant operations, including advanced trouble shooting.
- Optimize operations to meet campaign goals associated with Environmental, Health & Safety, Quality and Product Integrity, and Schedule.
- Serve in other Continuous Improvement capacities as appropriate, for example Operations Rep or Manufacturing Representative for capital and expense projects, Process Safety Focal Point, work with Plant Process Control Coordinator (PPCC) to enhance MOD V controls, or apply Six Sigma and LEAN principles to achieve gains.
- Provide on-call and on-shift campaign support as needed.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Minimum 2 years chemical industry experience.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Experience in Production, R&D, EH&S, Process Engineering and other Manufacturing & Engineering disciplines would be beneficial.
- Understanding of various Chemical Engineering fundamentals, application and operation (e.g. batch processing, crystallization, centrifugation, distillation, solids handling and drying).
Other Skills and Knowledge for Success:
- Thorough knowledge of Manufacturing & Engineering and EH&S standards, including strong commitment to safety and willingness to intervene upon unsafe behaviors.
- Flexibility of approach and agility to adapt to changing technology and evolving R&D and Supply Team needs within and across campaigns.
- Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!