Qatar Petroleum | Qatar, Qatar
Plan, supervise, coordinate and control the collection, analysis and evaluation of petrophysical data for well and reservoir
studies in order to generate appropriate field development plans and provide petrophysical support for QP operated oil
fields. As member of interdisciplinary reservoir operation study teams, participate in reservoir management activities.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with at least 6 years of experience performing Petrophysical studies/operations. Must have a thorough understanding of open hole (both wire line and LWD), cased hole and production logging tools.
- Experience in carbonate reservoirs.
- Prefer experience in statistical and pattern recognition techniques (neural networks, fuzzy logic and multidimensional histogram) techniques.
- Must have strong teamwork skills. Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
- Minimum of a BSc in Engineering/Geosciences/Applied Physics/Applied Electronics.
- Experience in routine and special core analysis programs and intergration of data into reservoir characterization models.
- Experience working in integrated asset team environment.
- Knowledge of geo-statistics and experience assisting geo-scientists in building geological and property models (deterministic and stochastic).
- Experience with horizontal well technology and geo-steering.
- Wireline, LWD, Coring, and Core Analysis contracts administration and new tender document preparation and evaluation.
- Software Knowledge/ Experience
- Geoframe and IP software
- Petroworks - Openworks - Zmap+
- @Risk/Crystal Ball
- Petrel - RMS
- Minimum of a BSc in Engineering/Geosciences/Applied Physics/Applied Electronics
- Knowledge of geo-statistics and experience assisting geo-scientists in building geological and property models (deterministic and stochastic)