Part Time Component Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field and 3 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidate must possess an understanding of military and space requirements for electrical/electronic parts.
- Familiarity with proper mechanical handling and packaging of electronic parts and assemblies; Knowledge and training in Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) procedures and requirements;
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a project team with limited supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point) for reporting purposes.
A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in high reliability EEE parts manufacturing, testing, inspection, or verification is required. It is highly desirable for the candidate to be knowledgeable of NASA and Military specifications and standards, outgassing criteria and ESD handling methods for space flight or aviation projects. Knowledge of approved materials standards is also desired. Candidate would ideally have prior pre-seal inspection training and or experience.