Overview / Responsibilities
- Wood is currently looking for a staff Overhaul Preps Engineer to manage and deliver the planning and preparations for the mini, midi and major overhauls on site in order to meet business requirements and the pre-defined KPI’s.
- Co-ordinate the planning phase for each mini, midi and major overhauls that is executed to achieve planning completion and validation in line with KPI targets.
- Review and analyse the worklist for each event, challenging the quality and understanding of work scopes & specifications including liaising with the virtual team and planning team to ensure worklists are managed effectively.
- Develop work packages for major tasks which involve a significant degree of coordination and interface with management for mini, midi and major overhauls.
- Liaise with preps plan owners to manage & deliver all elements of the plan to achieve completion to the agreed timescales specified within the plan.
- Meet with contract organisations, arrange site visits, highlight potential conflicts with other activities and ensure work packs & schedules accurately reflect the sequence of events & timing of the work.
- Be aware of budget constraints associated with each event and review regularly with the cost engineer to ensure the final cost report is closed out to the agreed timeframe and any deviations from the original estimate are accounted for.
- Conduct the role of overhaul engineer during mini, midi & major overhauls & manage & execute the events to meet business requirements & pre-defined KPI’s.
- Prepare & facilitate event close out review meetings and produce a learning review document to identify improvements to performance for future events.
- An overhaul typically consists of 100 – 400 jobs. These job packages consist of work that covers all combinations of trade disciplines and the job holder must have a thorough understanding of all of these disciplines and a strong knowledge of the contract organisations who supply the resources.
- During the execution phase the job holder will constantly need to push for progress, balance conflicting interests and maintain good working relations with all of these teams.
- The execution phase of an overhaul is a highly intensive period of work often necessitating working hours in excess of the normal contractual arrangements. The job holder will be expected to meet these needs whilst also complying with working time and client regulations.
- The role requires interaction with a wide range of internal and external personnel at varying levels within the organisation and the role holder must have the ability to effectively interact & influence all of these groups.
- The job holder would normally be an experienced engineer, with a broad experience of chemical plant based maintenance & engineering on a top tier COMAH Site (either degree level background if an external recruit, or having obtained a minimum of HND / NVQ level 4 qualifications).
- The job holder would be expected to have had extensive years of engineering/work management experience on chemical plants..
Skills / Qualifications
- A number of years working as a Preps Engineer
- Formal trade discipline qualifications and competencies
- Strong motivational and people skills with proven leadership and organizational ability with diverse teams