Key Responsibilities include:
Run and Maintain the Plant RTO Model
- Continually monitor and ensure model solutions and setpoint implementations are limited only by plant steady state status
- Determine the root cause of failed cases and remedy
- Maintain and upgrade the model to match current operating and process control strategy
- Reconcile plant performance with model predictions
- Support AC goals and business AC&O value creation goals by ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the online optimization model
Ensure Maximum Profitability for the Plant
- Adjust bounds on plant variables where possible to maximize profit
- Confirm benefits predicted by model are achieved
- Actively partner with operations staff to optimize plant conditions
- Analyze model constraints and identify opportunities to increase plant asset capability
- Use RTO model to help evaluate or recommend plant operating changes and project proposals
Communicate Plant Optimization Information
- Actively challenge plant operating mindset and conventions
- Communicate optimizer performance to Plant Operations group
- Mentor and give advice to Production and Process Control Engineers plant operation and control
- Help determine plant production and profit goals for plant performance tracking
- Communicate optimizer success statistics to plant/business contacts
- Actively participate as a member of the Hydrocarbons Optimization Engineer network
Support of plant operations and initiatives
- Serve with the on-call resources
- Using the plant model to support plant modifications and project economics
- Actively Participate in plant turnarounds
- Act as focal point for other plant initiatives as needed
- Work closely with plant partners such as integrated site plants and supply chain to ensure all plant activities are optimized considering the "big picture". Ensure communications occur effectively between all parties.
Report AU losses.
- Communicate with stakeholders on daily basis during major plant upsets and maintenance activities.
- Work with plant leaders for production plans and goals.
- Support Site data analyst and LHC2 Distribution on production settlement.
Conversion Energy focal point
- Track daily conversion energy performance.
- Identify conversion energy deficiency and drive the plant back to energy consumption targets.
- Work closely with LHC Tech Center to support monthly conversion energy settlement
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering; Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Experience in Aspen Modeling
- 5-10 years previous experience in a chemical production facility or working on projects is preferred.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills along with a high level of initiative are required to be successful in this role.Must be able to work with multiple functions and diverse workgroups, especially important to be able to work with shift and technical operations teams.
- Hydrocarbons specific experience is preferred