Nonmetallic Corrosion Engineer
Covestro | China, Shanghai
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
• QA/QC for CISS nonmetallic equipment(including internals) and piping for in-service repair and new capital investments;
• Identify the damage mechanism and develop reliability inspection plan for nonmetallic (such as FRP, FRP or CS with thermoplastic liner, rubber lining, glass lining, graphite) equipment and piping and the execution of the inspection plan, submit the inspection report with next inspection due date and recommendation;
• Conduct failure analysis on nonmetallic process equipment, including the specification of the proper analysis techniques, the identification of failure modes and the concise report of conclusions and recommendations;
• Provide consultation on the evaluation and selection of nonmetallic materials to support operations and capital projects;
• Develop CISS non-metallic inspection ITP;
• Support CISS non-metallic contractor audit.
to mitigate the unplanned shutdown and unexpected leakage due to non-metallic equipment failure through right material selection at the engineering phase, quality control fabrication process; right corrosion and mechanism degradation identification in order to develop the inspection plan and monitor the equipment condition; execution the effective inspection and perform RCA in order to avoid occurrence.
Contribution context: individual contributor and team member;
- Lead the corrosion analysis through collaboration with production, TAM engineer and maintenance engineers from CISS;
- Provide material selection recommendation for site engineering team and TAM engineer from CISS;
- Work with global corrosion expert and BU TCI expert in order to develop the local and global corrosion failures from CISS and Global;
- Work with metallic corrosion expert in order to look for the best material selection in a life cycle cost considerdation.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- B.S. or above, major in chemical process technology or chemical engineering or equivalent; ideally a combination of both by theoretical study and practical experience in ‘daily work’; any additional knowledge in Mechanical Engineering would be a plus;
- At least 5 years of experience with chemical plant reliability inspection and QA/QC of nonmetallic equipment and piping
- Strong troubleshooting ability with process equipment commonly used in the chemical process or related industry
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in material selection, corrosion management and failure analysis of various damage mechanisms for nonmetallic equipment;
- Familiar with Design Engineering codes like API, DVS, DIN, ASME, etc.
- Familiar with common NDE such as PT,MT,UT,RT etc. further experiences in more sophisticated inspection methods for non_metallic equipment and piping.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple concurrent activities
Are you curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we can offer you exciting career opportunities. We look forward to receiving your application including a cover letter, your resume, certificates as well as your salary expectations and your notice period. Become part of our Team - apply now!Add Job description