Multi-Chem Process Engineer / Project Manager
Halliburton | USA, Pasadena
- Under general supervision, will perform assignments requiring knowledge and application of complex engineering principles and project management.
- This position is responsible for the performance of the operations and achieving targeted metrics for the capital projects they have been assigned.
- This includes understanding chemical processes and predicting what happens in those processes. Works as a technical resource to support manufacturing by providing engineering support.
- They are typically responsible for managing multiple projects across multiple manufacturing plants.
- Evaluates results compared to goals and performance targets for their projects.
- Leads the day-to-day project activities, running Engineering Applications and conducting performance analysis, and initiating continuous improvement activities.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and controls all aspects of the capital projects in accordance with the establish processes, policies, procedures, systems and requirements approved by the company.
- Proactively identifies potential problems and objections and is able to understand and resolve them; initiates continuous improvement activities outside of assigned capital projects.
- Leads risk assessments, stakeholder reviews, and assists management in medium and long term planning.
- Is able to anticipate operational changes and needs and responds accordingly.
- Ensures that project deliverables are properly completed and directly impacts cost containment, efficiency or profitability of operations.
- Prepares weekly and monthly capex and projects updates and participates in the knowledge management processes.
- A Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry is required and 5 or more years of experience.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Process Engineer II, Sr. Process Engineer, Principal Process Engineer.