Halliburton | USA, Lafayette
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, provides well site service to customers. Applies content learned through the formal training program in fluids chemistry, volume and hydraulics calculations, routine and specialized testing, separation equipment theory and application, and well site service delivery.
- Works directly with both fluids and equipment supervisors and technical professionals.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of company products and services, rig operations, and fluids, separation, and waste management technologies and related processes.
- Performs in a professional manner as a Halliburton representative, maintaining good working relationship with operator’s representative and rig personnel.
- Conducts and interprets results of routine and specialized testing in order to provide technical solutions.
- Conducts the operation of some separation and waste management equipment and demonstrates understanding of how they affect overall fluid performance.
- Demonstrates advanced ability to adequately prepare and track inventory of palletized and bulk products and equipment spares at the rig site based on the drilling program and anticipated conditions.
- Demonstrates advanced ability to operate, maintain and optimize equipment including testing, separation, and waste management equipment.
- Complies with health, safety and environment regulations in all aspects of job performance.
- Mentors and helps in the development of junior employees.
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or other related Bachelor's Degree program is required.
- Position also requires completion of Baroid Core Training Course at Halliburton or other industry recognized program and 2-4 years of fluids and separation equipment experience.
- Deep Water experience preferred.
- Must be willing to be on call 24 hour. When assigned, schedule is 14 days on & 14 days off.
Must Have –
Drilling Fluids “Mud” School Certificate from one of the following companies:
- Schlumberger/M-I Swaco
- Baker Hughes
- Newpark Drilling Fluids
- Dresser / Microbar
** Other Mud School certificates would need to be evaluated with possibility of equivalency exam.
Highly preferred candidates will have the following:
- 7+ years Gulf Of Mexico (GoM) deep water drilling fluids engineering experience
- 7+ years GoM completion fluids experience
- 1+ years GoM compliance experience