Modeling & Analytics Engineer
Flint Hills | USA, Rosemount
In our efforts to transform to our vision state of the "refinery of the future", we are excited to grow the Analytics & Monitoring Partners (AMP) capability. The AMP team is a remote, cross-site partnership with FHR's operating facilities, providing collaboration and support across multi-disciplines of expertise to achieve scalable problem solving and value creation. The team applies technology with an enterprise wide approach that drives transformational improvement in business performance by bringing actionable insights to the plants. Individuals in this space will need good technical skills, communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team to solve problems. This capability will evolve and grow through time so the ability to be flexible and adapt as AMP adapts to business needs will be a key capability. A successful individual in this role must be willing to take personal initiative to understand unit operations, gain relevant knowledge, engage SME's and must be able to work both individually and as a part of a team in a dynamic environment. As we build and continue growing this team, we are looking for a diverse skillset of both technical discipline and experience level.
Desired candidates would possess:
- Intellectual curiosity to solve problems and deliver value – effective critical thinker
- Demonstrated technical capability in using data to understand process and asset performance
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) – demonstrated capability to provide credible, actionable insights with the right level of urgency
- Comfortable collaborating with multiple FHR sites and technical disciplines
- Flexible - Embraces ambiguity - Excited by the opportunities inherent with starting up a new business / capability within FHR
The daily routine is listed below, and the expectation is that AMP team members will work together to support operations and cover for one another when needed.
- Reviewing areas/assets of responsibility (~25-50%) – Deviations, anomalies, trends, potential problems. Diagnose and notify appropriate SMEs and the site. Provide visibility and actionable insights to (and the value of removing) constraints that hinder asset and process performance. Communicate predicative asset failures and process performance deficiencies to the sites well before failure occurs.
- Work together with AMP and site teammates on chronic problems or large opportunities where the combined skills of the team can help to solve problems (~50%)
- Since this is a new business capability, support the development of work processes and tools to effectively deliver value to our operating sites. (~0-25%)
What You Will Need:
- A minimum 2 years process industry experience
- Process and/or reliability experience in an operations environment
- Proficiency with functional office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Valid Driver's License
- Willing and able to travel (up to 25%) to other sites to build relationships and understand process
- Engineering degree
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree
- Knowledge of software and statistical methods for modeling
- Data management skills – PI, Power BI, SQL, MatLab, etc
- Familiarity with analytic tools
- Process Control fundamentals – DCS, PLC
- Reliability fundamentals