Medior Control System Engineer
Fluor | Netherlands, Poortugaal
- Fluor Consultants BV is focused on developing long term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the Process Industry in the South West of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom and Rotterdam offices provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support.
- The Electrical & Instrumentation & Control system group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
- In these projects, Control System engineer take overall responsibility for the control system functionality for projects in the oil, gas and (petro-) chemical industry. The control systems engineer works within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with other disciplines, vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able to:
- Perform engineering in all project phases e.g. Feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects in all commonly used industrial DCS and Safeguarding systems e.g. Yokogawa, Invensys, Honeywell, Hima, Emerson, Siemens. Work activities include e.g.:
- Development of: P&ID’s; instrument index; small IO extensions till complete new control systems; legacy control system migration plans;
adjusting control, sequence and safeguarding narratives based on the actual system platform; E&I&CS input to other disciplines; Scope of work;
migration, integration and cut-over plans for both hard and software; Integration of the Control System hardware scope in the total design
packages. E.g. loop diagrams, wiring diagrams, power supply, UPS, fiber optic, Ethernet / serial / Fieldbus / Profibus
- The complete cycle of writing/reviewing control-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, Factory Acceptance Tests, coordinate field implementation including Site Acceptance Test,
commissioning and turn-over. This for all system hardware required like controllers, I/O systems, cabinets, network connections, Ethernet / serial /
Fieldbus / Profibus
- Participate in HAZOP/ SIL/ LOPA sessions and performing functional safety studies (SIL) including safety calculations
- Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
- Supervision, planning, organization of the work :
- Coordinate the CS engineering and design ; Assign work in cooperation with senior lead engineer
- Prepare schedules, estimates, manpower forecasts and apply change-risk management.
- Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
- Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level engineers/designers
- Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous
Basic Job Requirements
- 5-10 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor, system integrator or production company in the process industry.
- Knowledge of control system DCS and PLC hardware as well as software, process control solutions for (petro-) and chemical processes, field wiring solutions, field installation and available control system components
- Field instrumentation knowledge is a preference
- Functional safety (SIL) knowledge is a preference
- Exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
- Exhibit thorough understanding of the other discipline task and deliverables like process and mechanical
- Msc or Bsc education level
- Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English;Written and oral communication with our Client’s is as well in Dutch as in English
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel
- Be able to multi-task between several projects