Mechanical/Electronics Packaging Engineer
- We are seeking to hire an Electronics Packaging Engineer to join our team! Our division is a small subset (<100) of the company comprised of engineers of various disciplines organized into product development teams. This small company atmosphere provides the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your engineering skills on the most challenging problems while also expanding your skills and advancing your career.
- If you are a highly motivated engineer who enjoys a challenging and dynamic environment where your contributions to a small team are both critical and valued, this company will provide you the tools and opportunity to flourish (and have some fun while you are at it).
- Focus on design, analysis, design for reliability, design for manufacturability of electronic systems from hybrid modules through chassis level systems requiring.
- Design ruggedized electronics assemblies, enclosures, and chassis for space systems and military applications utilizing Solidworks.
- Optimize thermal performance, structural performance, material compatibility, and reliability utilizing engineering analysis and optimization techniques.
- Review electronics packaging designs as they progress through development, qualification, and production considering design for manufacturability, yield issues, and reliability.
- Develop engineering qualification plans for requirements verification and risk reduction utilizing a combination of engineering analysis and environmental testing (Thermomechanical, Shock/vibe, humidity, other fatigue tests, and overstress testing).
Here's What You'll Need:
- Ability and willingness to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar degree.
- Familiar with design for rugged environments with mitigation/design for vibration, shock, and thermal requirements.
- Experience in packaging design, qualification, and integration of electronics systems for space satellite applications.
- Familiarity with printed wiring board (PWB) fabrication, and electronics assembly processes.
- Experience with design for manufacturability.
- Experience resolving qualification and production failures.
- Experience performing mechanical analysis including structural, thermal, or vibration.
- The ability to select appropriate materials for interfaces and interconnects in electronic packages such as die attach, die encapsulation material, thermal interface materials, solder types, connectors, and adhesive attachment for components.
- Current TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- MSME with concentration in Electronics Packaging Design, Electronics Process Development, or Structural/Thermal Analysis.
- FEA experience in ANSYS.
Clearable. This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include, but are not limited to:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview