Mechanical Principal Engineer / Technical Manager
Day to day activities will include:-
- Lead functional input to own projects, including where relevant leading the input of other (possibly multidisciplinary) engineers and subcontractors, to ensure engineering delivery meets scope, time, cost and quality
- Proactively generate value adding options within projects to offer to clients to improve both the chance of winning work and satisfaction with completed and ongoing work
- Manage subcontracts to ensure cost effective, timely delivery.
- Check and approve the work of more junior staff to eliminate errors and sub-optimal work
- Generate and check engineering estimates and execution strategies to provide optimal solutions and eliminate errors
- Establish and maintain technical standards to support quality engineering delivery
- Provide functional support and guidance to more junior staff to develop both them as individuals and the capability of the team as a whole
- Keep abreast of current technology so that technical input to projects takes account of new developments
- Work along side and support Engineers, Designers and apprentices, and mentor other team members.
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines, (and in some instances lead).
- Support the engineering manager in non project based activities such as writing procedures, resource planning, establishing policy, budgeting, recruitment etc, to support the drive to continuously improve and optimise the operation of the department
- Be prepared to assist in the growth of the department.
- Review Client specifications / documentation
- Produce design estimates for the delivery of projects, and manage change control.
- Undertake plant walkdowns and surveys in radiological environments.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Professionally qualified (eg Chartered) Engineer, or significant worldly experience.
- Substantial relevant experience, typically at least 10 years of experience in relevant project design work
- Team leadership of up to 30 people
- Excellent technical skills
- Site based experience
- Competent in project management
- Commercial awareness
- Significant experience in the Nuclear Industry.
- Knowledge and experience of the Sellafield design process.
- Knowledge and experience of Sellafield Management System.
- Demonstrate competency with the development of pipe support arrangements, and tie into stress analysis where required.
- Awareness of ‘Designer Role’ CDM regulatory requirements.