Responsibilities / Duties
In the technical expert capacity:
- Leads efforts in defining and implementing technology strategy and held accountable for strategy implementation.
- Identifies and develops both technology and work process enhancements which deliver value.
- Supports the implementation of discipline technology strategy and provide input/feedback on the strategy within their area of expertise.
- Serves as site or regional technology focal point, providing timely technical reviews and input to complex designs and/or variances from MET both on projects and in support of maintenance/operations.
- Provide mechanical engineering design, oversite and support, related to HVAC, for plants and facilities in Midland, MI and/or other North American production sites
Provide support for projects relating to piping design by:
- Ensuring mechanical integrity and testing applications to assure the applicable piping codes (i.e. ASME B31.3, B31.9, etc) are met when alternate test methods are needed.
- Evaluate alternate pipe components when the pipe specification cannot meet the design requirements assuring that the applicable piping codes are met.
In the project lead capacity:
- The candidate will provide mechanical engineering support, related to HVAC, for plants and facilities in Midland, Michigan and/or small North American production sites.
- Serves as the leader of the project within their discipline. Has accountability for project results and for the implementation of and adherence to all relevant work processes and best practices.
- Drives front end loading to ensure clear scope definition along with establishing staffing plans and schedules to enable adequate control during execution.
- Develops staffing plans, directs activities within their discipline and coordinates activist with other disciplines. For projects which utilize engineering firms, they work with their counterpart at the EPC to do so.
- Leads the completion of deliverables provided to estimating and reviews output of the estimate to ensure accurate reflection of scope.
- Ensures their deliverables meet the needs of the project: function as intended, on time and within budget.
- Leads technical contract package development and supports implementation.
- Drives value engineering and economic designs to ensure the best value is delivered to the business
- Uses and enforces project change management program.
- Ensures safety in design.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the design and installation of mechanical systems related to HVAC is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam.
- Mechanical/HVAC engineering experience on plant engineering and industrial capital projects.
- Mechanical Engineering PE licensure in Michigan or the ability to obtain this registration in Michigan and other U.S. states as needed.
Note: Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role and may be provided based on eligibility.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others