Mechanical FS Service Engineer
Wärtsilä | Portugal, Maia
Position in Esposende (Portugal)
General Purpose of the job:
- Perform basic overhauls on components according to given instructions to reach quality, health, safety and environmental and cost targets.
- Take responsibility as Team Leader supervising service engineers/sub-contractors/ shipyard labour on location; take a leading role and assist with all work being carried out.
- Maintaining morale and team spirit Independently perform major/complex repairs and complete overhauls
- Be aware of the local work instructions for overhauling components and ensure they are understood and adhered to
Perform basic troubleshooting (running tests, fine tuning adjustments, trimming related to running performance) on equipment
- Provide accurate and timely solutions whilst maintaining a high level of quality and service across all allocated jobs
Liaise with customer on site handling enquiries and technical queries
- Actively advise and promote available products and solutions to customers
- Liaise closely with the Service Coordinator to provide progress status of the assigned work and ensure service deadlines are met
- Ensure that all activities on-site are carried out in accordance with the site safety rules and in compliance with the Company's Health and Safety obligations and is in line with applicable Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Standards
- Act as a mentor to less experienced engineers within the team. Coach and train them, assist in competence monitoring and approving
- Ensure that all timesheets (signed by customer) and expense sheets are submitted on a weekly basis; when supervising Wärtsilä engineers, ensure that all timesheets and expense sheets are completed correctly, signed by customer and also submitted on a weekly basis
- Submit accurate and high-quality service work reports within 48 hours of returning home from assigned jobs
Adopt a pleasant, adaptable attitude to assist Company staff with any "ad-hoc" duties that may be required
Carry out all tasks in such a way as to ensure maximum (internal and external) satisfaction at all times to the extent that this is within the employee's control
- In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties within their capabilities which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity, change the general character or level of responsibility of the post
General Skills / Competences
- A background within an engineering/service environment.
- Sound knowledge of Wartsila quality, safety and environmental skills.
- Pro-active and independent individual with a team player attitude.
- High attention to detail with a methodical approach & practical problem-solving skill.
- IT literate with knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Willingness to learn, develop and gain a broad knowledge of Wartsila products.
- Attend any mandatory QEHS training and product training.
- Work on Offshore installations if required
Knowledge and Experience
- High School / Diploma or equivalent