Wood | UK, West Sussex-Worthing
Contributing to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Supporting and supervising task delegation to team
- Providing discipline expertise to the business
- Interfacing with other Discipline, Client, Contractor and Supplier Engineers. E
- Ensure compliance with the Client’s Project Specifications and provide technical support based on proven experience.
- Support the mechanical engineering aspects to deliver the project scope of work for the Client.
- Lead Client discussion, building strong Client relations in ensure expectations are met.
- Execute assigned work in accordance with the applicable Project Procedures and Standards, including Wood plc and / or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man-hour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
- Management of workload and budgets across designated work scopes to ensure targets are achieved.
- Understand, review and comment on process design data to ensure appropriate equipment specification and selection.
- Review Suppliers’ quotations and prepare technical quotation evaluation. Work closely with the Procurement team to develop the best solution for our Client.
- Review of vendor documentation requirements for use and integration within project
- Manage project documentation effectively, ensuring all disciplines receive the quality information at the right time.
- Rigorously review post order vendor documentation and take a lead in resolving technical issues across multiple disciplines – driving the technical solutions to completion.
- Correspond with the Vendor on technical matters and ensure that action is taken where necessary
- Provide technical support to Engineering studies such as design reviews, HAZOP, SIL, and Constructability reviews.
- Drive post order activities to completion
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified in a Mechanical Engineering discipline. Chartered status is an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in working within Pharmaceutical, oil, gas and petrochemical industries
- Good knowledge of international design codes e.g. ANSI, AMSE, ISO, API, BS standards.
- Experience of Vendor co-ordination meetings
- Experience in supporting engineering design reviews
- Computer literate with common software packages such as Microsoft Office.
- Flexible attitude with proven experience of effective working in a project team environment to provide discipline support to the business
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- It is essential that you live local or within a commutable distance to Worthing, West Sussex