Mechanical Engineer (Sr - Advisor)
- Under general direction, participates in analysis, modification and design for multiple products and/or projects of greater complexity which requires proficiency in the application of standard materials and components.
- Investigates use of alternate materials.
- May lead projects or design teams.
- Develops test procedures, conducts tests and completes test result analysis for assigned projects.
- Advises and assists in handling field and manufacturing problems to maintain and improve products and services.
- Incorporates Reliability, HSE and Quality analysis techniques during the design process.
Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline, and 4 years of related experience. Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is preferred.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Sr Mechanical Engineer, Principal Mechanical Engineer and Mechanical Engineer Advisor.