Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify critical needs, technical requirements, and implement new and existing solutions that measurably improve productivity, quality, and safety of seed technology team activities.
- Lead projects developing, evaluating and implementing new and novel solutions
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of mechanical engineers, automation engineers, engineering technicians, and software programmers to prioritize work, develop and deliver automation solutions to solve problems for our business partners.
- Manage partnerships with external collaborators to develop novel solutions and implement at global Corteva sites
- Utilize SolidWorks CAD software to design and document engineering solutions.
- Develop and assemble proof of concept and prototype machines within a hands-on setting utilizing machine shop tools and equipment.
- Deliver, document and test new and existing engineered solutions as necessary.
- Work in a team environment within a large, diverse organization, leveraging the skills of others while continuing to build upon your own.
- Work in a business casual environment with flexible work/life opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience including product design/development and project management; 7+ years preferred
- Proven experience with 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred but not required).
- Proven experience in a hands-on setting: developing, assembling and testing electromechanical solutions.
- Strong aptitude and desire for innovation and operational excellence.
- Able to work in the U.S. without restriction.
In addition to these requirements, we are seeking candidates who have demonstrated the following core competencies:
- Individuals must be self-motivated, have demonstrated personal initiative, have excellent organization skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Interested in learning new skills, gaining knowledge of Corteva business processes and investigating new technologies to support cutting-edge projects.
- Experience in a shop environment operating fabrication and welding equipment preferred.
- Experience with experimental design
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working in the agriculture industry is preferred.
- Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!