Chevron | USA, El Segundo
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering support for routine daily operation of process units within the refinery. Support requires collaboration and interpersonal skills necessary to work with operations, maintenance, and technical functions within the global refining system.
- Spend time in the field working with operations and other technical teams to scope/troubleshoot mechanical problems and issues in process plants, develop alternatives, and propose and implement solutions for long term reliability considering the total cost of ownership.
- Develop and manage engineering work orders for projects ranging from repairing a valve to replacing large complex equipment or pressure vessels.
- Develop purchase specifications for engineered mechanical equipment that insures the equipment meets company and industry standards and manage the technical requirements for procuring the equipment.
- Participate in the planning and execution of unit turnarounds, both planned and unplanned.
- Answer technical inquiries, make technical recommendations, provide equipment and system troubleshooting, improve designs engineering tools, and develop designs engineering procedures.
- Carry out various studies to improve plant safety, reliability, throughput and economics.
- Provide engineering analysis and evaluation of minor capital projects. In some instances, responsible for design, management and execution of minor capital projects.
- Be a role model for the Chevron way and Chevron’s safety culture.
- Technical mentoring of less experienced design engineers.
- Some travel is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil engineering.
- 3+ years of Refinery or Process Plant Engineering experience.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Experience with industry standards such as API, ASME, ASTM, NBIC
- Understanding of estimating and cost control tools
- 5+ years of Refinery or Process Plant Engineering experience.
- Self-motivated and can work with minimum supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate understanding of refinery/chemical processes/equipment and understanding of the interaction between refinery units is desired.
- Project Management experience
- Ability to use complex tools to perform engineering analysis
- Experience with Chevron Corporate Engineering Standards
- Experience with developing and initiating work process improvements
- Relocation may be considered.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
- Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.