BHP | Australia, Port Hedland
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical and Rolling Stock, you will play an integral role by:
• Ensuring all blueprint changes are managed through the Management of Change Process
• Partaking in technical audits to ensure the railway mechanical and rolling stock assets are maintained as per Rail Maintenance Standards
• Participating in ongoing development and trials of new components to improve reliability or reduce costs
• Ensuring engineering solutions are identified to address reliability issues, reduce system faults, and are commissioned without unplanned safety and business impacts
• Support and adhere to the 1SAP and Rail Engineering Work Management Process
• Ensuring project designs meet engineering design standards and are the right solution for the business
• An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
• Actively recommends and implements improvement, risk reduction and cost saving initiatives
• Mentorship and guidance to the young Engineers
With this position you have the opportunity to choose between a FIFO 5/2/4/3 or Residential arrangement.Should you wish to choose our FIFO option you will be based at Port Hedland on a fly-in fly-out 5/2 4/3 roster. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
As a residential option you will be joining a 15,000-strong population which enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
• Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
• High level of technical and practical experience with rolling stock
• Computer literacy with Microsoft suite and computer based planning systems
• Ability to coach and mentor to encourage high performance
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven commitment to safety
• At least 5 years’ experience in mechanical and rolling stock engineering is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience of gaining support to achieve short term and long term plans
• Experience in a heavy haul railway environment would be advantageous
• Manual “C” class Australian motor vehicle license