Mechanical Designer/CAD Draftsperson
Eco-tec, a Koch Separation Solutions company is currently looking for a Mechanical Designer/CAD Draftsperson in Pickering, Ontario!
The incumbent is responsible for the high quality product design to internal and external customers on time and within budget. The incumbent will design and draft, electrical, structural and piping components and make modifications to existing sketches of drawings using standard drafting practices and techniques, i.e. AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical and Creo.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Prepare/draft designs of systems and equipment for fabrication as per the Sales order requirements and in accordance with applicable client specifications, recognized codes, standards, and recommended practices, and Eco-Tec procedures and standards. The design activity entails development of layouts, P&ID’s, piping drawings, skid frame and supports drawings, pneumatics, electrical, part descriptions, Bills of Material, installation instructions, and manuals, receiving direction from Senior Engineering team.
- Ensure excellent accuracy of all design work generated.
- Plan and schedule activities, strictly adhere to approved schedule and to budget.
- Provide extensive support to the Engineering and Materials group to facilitate procurement of parts and to the Manufacturing group to facilitate the fabrication process.
- Perform modifications and as-built changes to current project designs as well as to standard drawings and documents.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the company’s Workplace H&S rules, Policies and procedures at all times.
- Attend training programs necessary to maintain/upgrade skills.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Department Manager.
What You Will Need:
- College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- MS Office experience
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work overtime as needed
What Will Put You Ahead?
- AutoCAD Exposure
- Electrical experience
- 3D modeling experience