Roles and Responsibilities
- Understanding national and international design standards and necessary design tools.
- Ensuring components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Create the models and drawings of products using specialized CAD software from Tender to Detailed Contract Design taking in account international rules and national standards, using the appropriate GE standards and tools, relying on material specifications (technical understandings, costs, procurement loop), and manufacturing capabilities
- Support Electrical Engineer by contributing Tendering Risk Assessment to identify the technical risks starting from tendering stage in coordination with her/his Team Coordinator, Lead Engineers and to seek the advice and guidance of Specialists and Experts to Engineering function, e.g. Test, Manufacturing, Procurement, etc
- Lead the Gate Review & Design Review Meetings related to the Conceptual Mechanical Design and attend the other Gate Reviews including the manufacturing release for evaluating all designs and support to Unit Design Execution (DE) and Production teams to ensure the quality of design during production by means of necessary follow-ups, meetings etc. till certification of components or technologies
- Work together with the other CoE & DE teams of the Technology & Engineering organization and with the R&D to design, adapt and improve standard tools, rules and procedures for Shunt Reactor (SR) and Special Industrial Transformers (SIT) as a part of PTR Common Design Concept.
- Following non-conformance reports for her/his own projects and taking necessary corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyzing and respond to customer complaints in a coordination with her/his Team Coordinator, Lead Engineers and zleaders
- Participate to technical customers meetings when needed and support Commercial& Design Execution team to provide solutions to the customers in coordination with PTR experts.
- Aware of the company and local EHS policies, rules and standards. Showing exemplary behaviors on EHS. Performing the preventive/corrective actions in collaboration with EHS team to avoid the accidents, incidents and environmental damages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic Engineering.
- Good level of English both oral & written
- Professional experiences in 2D & 3D Cad Software (Auto-desk, Auto-cad and Inventor) (Professional experience would be a big asset)
- Having 3+ years’ professional experience in Mechanical Design (Transformer design and process is an assets)
- Knowledge and /or experience in Shunt Reactor (SR)and Special Industrial Transformer Design (SIT) knowledge would be a big asset
- Knowledge and /or experiences in PLM (Product Life-cycle Management), WGM (Work Group Manager) system would be a big asset.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional global organization
- Good command of MS Office tools
- Eager to design, dynamic, team player, good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment and desire to learn
- To need to be strong analytical thinkers who are capable of solving problems brought to them by customers (internal & external)
- Sound Knowledge of Engineering Fundamentals
- Comfortable Writing Technical Reports
- Prepare Conclusion and Analysis Reports
- Work Effectively Under time pressure in complex organizational structure