Materials Subject Matter Expert / Subsea Principal Materials Engineer
Key specific duties include:
- Work with project teams to ensure technical integrity and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Follow company standard workflow and make improvement recommendations.
- Perform and supervise Corrosion and Erosion assessments for subsea systems and pipelines
- Assisting operators in handing over materials and corrosion documentation and assessments to Operations for first start-up
- Work with and consult on design and selection of suitable material for flexible flowlines
- Witness qualification testing activities, and support identifying said activities, include reeled pipelines insulation coating testing
- Train and mentor local technical personnel in use of pipeline materials software, including corrosion software
- Manage other material engineers include welding and coating engineers
- Has Business acumen; able to write proposals, CTRs, and interact with customers as well as contractors on behalf of customers
- Can review with detail and advise on EPCI contractor bid proposals
- Review and consultation on welding, materials, corrosion and erosion issues.
- Capable of consulting on types of corrosion resistant alloys in HPHT systems and/or sour environments
- Awareness of new or developing technologies.
- Review project specifications and philosophies for compliance against other similar projects.
- Relevant discipline and industry experience.
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- An MEng in Materials Engineering