Chevron | USA, Richmond, Pascagoula,El Segundo
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide Materials Engineering support for a Manufacturing RBI Task Force. This includes working knowledge of API 571 and application.
- Actively attends project meetings with inspectors, engineers, operators, and management.
- Actively works to maintain open and clear communication between the RBI task Force and refinery personnel.
- Works with Materials Engineers assigned to each refinery to develop common tools, processes, and decision-making criteria for fixed equipment.
- The job necessitates driving on a routine basis.
- Periodic travel up to 15% is expected.
- Assist RBI Engineers in creating and/or modifying tasks for RBI components.
- Work directly with Manufacturing Inspection teams to help develop RBI inspection, repair, and/or replacement recommendations for fixed equipment
- Utilize API 580/581Risk Based Inspection techniques to identify and prioritize the level of inspection.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and participate in team activities resulting in high-quality problem solving, root cause analysis, damage mechanism reviews, and facilitation of RBI studies.
- Minimum of two years of materials engineering or equivalent experience in a process facility
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree
- Materials and/or Corrosion Engineering Degree
- Bachelor of Science degree in Materials Engineering or Corrosion
- Working Knowledge of equipment operation and design
- Ability to work and navigate with fixed equipment integrity software.