Sulzer | USA, Barboursville
- Prepare detailed manufacturing routings to support the desired method of manufacturing. Prepare rework routings as required; insure corrective action is complete to avoid additional rework.
- Prepare N/C programs as necessary to support production requirements. Prepare set up sheets to identify cutting tools, speed and feeds, as well as the sequence of operation.
- Provide program management leadership as required to support the implementation of strategic manufacturing programs. Must provide leadership during design reviews, giving input on casting techniques, machining methods and assembly techniques.
- Train the operators in the proper techniques to perform the required tasks as defined by the routing. Insure the operator is capable of achieving the required efficiencies before the training is complete. Recommend appropriate training to the shop supervisor.
- Prepare Manufacturing Process Sheets (MPS) as required to clarify the process. Identify tooling planes, pre-weld configurations, construction dimensions, etc. Prepare Sketches of fixtures to identify concepts for tool and fixture drawings.
- Provide liaisons between manufacturing and support groups as required.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Initiate process changes or controls as needed to insure accurate repeatable manufacturing process.
- Continuously monitor shop paper work. Insure the flow of information is useful, timely, and correct.
- Participate in both the Engineering Change control process (ECO) and the Material Review Board (MRB).
- Prepare manufacturability analysis of new designs and recommend redesign of existing parts, determine manufacturing cost impact.
- Prepare cost estimates as required.
- Determine the equipment, processes, and systems necessary to maintain a competitive manufacturing capability.
- Perform special assignment as directed by the department manager such as:
Meet the requirements and qualify for an SPI Certified Quality Control Inspector as required.
Assist in assigning and distributing of part numbers through the company’s design control requirements when necessary
- Insure the design of the process adheres to the company's safety guidelines.
- Provide technical direction as required for environmental issues to insure compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Provide short and long range planning for equipment, facilities and manufacturing methods in support of strategic divisional goals.
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide EHS Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures. Supports and cooperates in company-wide Quality Management effort.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSME, BSIE or related degree, or comparable training and experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years as a Manufacturing Engineer or as a related manufacturing professional
- Five (5) years machining and fixturing steel/stainless steel casting required
- Familiarization with pattern making, rigging and core fabrication helpful
- Minimum of two (2) years N/C programming experience using a graphics based system