Oceaneering | USA, Panama City,
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, assist in planning and designing manufacturing processes in an industrial plant.
- Assists with the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly, and material handling.
- Be able to design low (dancer stands, safety covers, etc) to moderately complex structures complete with FEA analysis.
- Effectively manage contractors with minimal to no supervision.
- Work with suppliers and internal/external customers and participate in cross-functional teams to resolve technical/quality issues.
- Limited travel may be required for vendor visits, trade shows, off-site training, and sister site support.
- Analytical thinking, interpersonal skills, and teamwork are essential competencies to perform this job.
- Some simple design work may be required (jigs, tooling, 5S).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (STEM Degree may be considered).
- Average CAD skills.
- Well versed in MS Office software.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC badge (see https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic for requirements).
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated process improvement implementation is preferred.
- CAD skills should be in Solid-works or Auto-cad.